Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Happy Birthday Daddy!


 We celebrated Daddy's 31st Birthday this month. The boys were SO excited about this big day. I think Heath was more excited about Matt's birthday than his own. While Daddy was at school we got everything in order and bombarded him with a bunch of presents when he got home. The boys wanted to wrap up almost everything in the house for him.  He got some chopped up paper from Houston and a picture of a bird from Heath. Then the boys wrapped up all of their cars for him.

 We made Matt a Daddy back rub shirt. (with one of his old work shirts.) 
We used permanent markers to draw the roads on the back, then set the ink with a hot iron. I had read about it on the internet and it actually worked out really well. The colors set perfectly.
 Matt wears it almost every day now. It has become his favorite study shirt. When he needs a break, he just walks into the living room lays down and the boys go to work. : )  (I should have thought of this earlier in his schooling.)
 Hannah did not want to wait for us to sing before attacking Daddy's cake.


 "I will do the fire for you Dad. OK?!"


(I lit the candles, but Houston sure wanted to. He loves FIRE!)
Cherry Berries in a Cloud.

While we were making it I was naming off the berries.
"There are cherries, and strawberries and blue berries..."
Heath- "and black berries, and pink berries, and purple berries, and red berries."
Houston - "and there are green berries, and orange berries, and white berries..."

This has become the new Birthday standard at our house.

Soooo yummy!

Happy Birthday Matt the Rat! We love you SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment