Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Recovery Road




The week Matt was in the hospital was the week of his exit exams.  He had a test every day that week, then had finals Monday Tuesday and Wednesday of the next week.  So after coming home Thursday night, he chilled for most of the weekend trying to recover and study, then Monday started taking tests.  He had 9 tests in all to make up.  His professors were super awesome and worked so well with him on scheduling them.  They all turned out pretty good.  I'll just say we all felt pretty sorry for him that following week.  Sore, tired (from not sleeping very comfortably) and having to study and take all those tests. He was such a trooper.  I'm sure blessed to have him as my husband.  : ) 


During those days we took lots of walks.  Matt needed to get out and walk at least twice a day, so we usually joined him to get some wiggles out.  The boys loved it!


My Mum gave me this blanket a little while ago.  Its a blanket my grandmother made me when I was little and has been in storage at my parents house.  Houston has claimed it as his own.  He carries it around with him from room to room while he's playing, and snuggles it to sleep.  I'm not going to lie, it's pretty cute to see your little boy loving a blanket you loved as a kid.



The boys had been playing supers one day when Matt said he was ready for a walk, so they flew down the sidewalk.



Pretty cute if you ask me!
Matt and I did some dancing in our living room a while back and I guess the boys caught on to some of the moves.  I came into the living room and caught Heath trying to teach Houston how to "swing"
There was sure a lot of giggling going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment