Thursday, October 18, 2012

 We ventured to the zoo again to take advantage of the nice weather. First stop was the sea lion exhibit, which if you're there at 10am you get to watch a training/feeding session! It was really fun! Houston was growling at them over and over and Heath was just mesmerized.

 King Louie put on quite a show for us with his blanket. Heath still isn't very sure about these animals that look so human like.


Then we checked out the insect house (we haven't made it that far yet)  It was really neat, but they had a few spiders which sent Heath into panic mode, so I carried him through screaming as quickly as I could to get out of there and spare everyone's ears. I am to blame a bit for his spider fears, when we've seen a spider i've made it very clear that they are mean and not to touch them, but what else should a mother do when brown recluse were so rampant in our old house. We did see the butterfly house though, that was really neat. They were flying all around and landing on us. they really liked our red stroller.

 We also haven't seen the elephants or hippos yet, so went to check them out. The baby elephant put on quite a show for us We probably stood there watching her for at least 15 minutes. It was really fun.

 Her Mommy climbed in too after a while. They were splashing and having a grand time.

 Poor Houston was so tired, and actually did fall asleep for about an hour. That almost never happens. It was such a good thing!



 We were in the snake house looking at a Giant Anaconda and a little boy came over and said "Wow it's moving, Ive never seen it move! and ive been here lots!" Then I realized when it was just Heath looking the snake just sat there, but as soon as Houston got up by the glass it came right over. IT wanted to EAT my BABY! Good thing it couldn't get out of the glass!

 I read on it's packard that it usually eats only one big meal each  year. It's time to feed must be getting close!  In the wild Houston would have totally been a goner. Just like Mowgli he was so attracted to that snake.

 Am I grateful we don't live in South America right now? Yes.

Houston really like the turtles too. When we would try to move on he'd run back to them over and over again.




Is so fun living here, with all the fun free things to do and learn from.

1 comment:

  1. I was trying to figure out why king louis had Houston's face. I finally decided it must be a reflection on the glass. lol good shot

    ReplyDelete