This was our first year of General Conference all to ourselves. At first I was really sad that we'd have no extended family to enjoy the time with us but it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable conference weekends thus far (for me anyways). We turned the living room into a giant play room and blocked off the doorway with one of our couches so the boys were trapped and we were able to just sit and soak everything in. I had tried to be prepared and did crock pot dinners both days and easy lunches. Houston slept for the first session both days : ) We made some play-dough between sessions on Sat. Stuck stickers on everything. Read stories and played. It went so well. Heath was super great! Hopefully we can recreate the same thing in April. There was such a wonderful spirit in our home.
On Firday Heath and I drew pictures of topic words from the last session of conference. I had some marshmallows (as requested by Heath almost every time we go to the store) and during conference if one of the general authorities said one of those words we would go touch the picture and then everyone got a marshmallow. It worked really well and kept all of us on our toes and helped Heath keep at least one ear focused on the speakers.
On Sunday just as conference was ending there was a huge THUD on our front door. Matt went to investigate and said, "Guys come quick, I mean slow, but hurry" A hawk had flown into our glass door. He was so beautiful!
He hung around our house the rest of the day. We went out several times to check on him and he'd just look at us. It was really neat. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment