We went to the Dr on Tuesday for Houston's 12 month check up. Our insurance also wanted Heath to be seen "to get established with a pediatrician" since we just moved. The boys actually did really really well. I was fully prepared with snacks, toys, books, bribing candy and the room was a complete mess once we left but everyone survived happily. Houston got 3 shots and after each one just kinda growled, they didn't really seem to phase him much. After he was finished I set him on the chair next to me where he sat happily. I said to Heath "Come sit with Mommy" "No, Ill just sit down here (across the room)" "Heath I have a candy you can have if you come sit on my lap" "ok..." so he came over grudgingly and started crying as soon as he got to my lap. They gave him his shot and to which he just screamed and screamed but didn't physically fight it too much. He cried for about 3 minutes afterwords. When we got out to the car he said, "Mommy I got a shop! Mommy shops don't hurt. Its better now."
The Dr office is super cool here and they give out free Smoothie King coupons for "good patients" (if they hurt you then want to still be on your good list) So we went down the street to get the boys' tasty smoothies. They whole way there Heath kept talking about how he was going to get a "Moothie" It was pretty cute because I know he had no idea what a "Moothie" was, but the nurse sure made it sound super amazing and he was holding a golden ticket that was promised to give him one so it must be wonderful! They had a list of "Kids" smoothies to choose from. Houston got a berry medley (since that sounded good to me and I thought I'd be eating most of his) and I read the list off for Heath to make his decision. "They have strawberry, grape, blue berry, banana, more berries..... (Heath thinking very hard) oh, and they have Chocolate too" "CHOCKIT CHOCKIT! I want a Chockit one Mommy! I almost couldn't get the words out before he started yelling that he wanted it. Poor chocolate deprived Heath. He needs to go visit Grandma I guess. We watched them blend them up, then enjoyed the tasty goodness. Houston wouldn't put his down, I maybe snuck 2 or 3 sips from him (it was really good!) We like the Dr here.
Heath 2 1/2 years - 39inches tall 35lbs 6oz head 20.5" (97th percentile)
Houston 13months - 31 1/2 inches tall 24 lbs 10oz head 19.75" (95th percentile)
No comments:
Post a Comment