Thursday, October 18, 2012

While I was trying to make dinner and entertain Heath I was asking him where different parts of his body were. "Where's your toe? (Heath points to toes) Where's your eyebrow? (Heath points to eyebrow) Where's your head? (Heath points to his head) "Right here, on my 'top end' Mommy!"

We have a rule in our house that you can only throw things outside. I have been called on this many times by Heath, like when I toss a toy out of the kitchen he'll say "Mommy we just throw things outside, you can roll it in the house."
Heath picked up on the word "Shut Up" somewhere shortly after we moved here. We've talked about how it is a knotty word, and he gets that. He also picked up "Holy Cow" which isn't a knotty word, but I think he knows it isn't the best word. He's kinda put them together, so now he will say to me "Mommy we don't say 'shut up' but we can say 'up cow' and it's not knotty. So 'up cow' has become his 'aww man' word. It makes me laugh every time he uses it.
The other day we were sitting at the table and he said to Matt, "Daddy we don't say Knotty words we just say 'up cow."    Then turning to me, "Mommy, can I please say knotty words outside?"

We can throw balls outside, so of course we would say knotty words outside too. I love his logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment