Sunday, November 10, 2013

Baby Morgan's not a baby anymore.

 Jimmy, Tahnee, and Morgan came to visit Missouri for a while, so we ventured home for a weekend to spend some time with them.  Heath remembered Morgan well and was surprised at how "old" Morgan was now.  "He's not a baby anymore!"

I didn't get a picture, but while Jimmy was here they got the front of the house completely (I believe) sided.  It looks beautiful.  When Julia first saw it she said to  Rebecca, "Mom, this is the wrong house! I want to go to Grandpa's house!"
 Grandpa has the best toys!


It was pretty cold, but cousins must play!  


















Grandpa realized scaffolding seconds as a great set of monkey bars.   The kids played on them pretty much ALL day.  Heath was sun burnt that night. It was quite a lot of fun!

 Sambo- man, not to be confused with Ironman





Remember that pinata we made, well we took it along with us, and all the cousins wore their costumes for a pumpkin smashing halloween cousin party.

Maren, Memphis, Hank Isla, Bertie, Wyatt, Morgan, Heath, Porter, Renata, Boone, Lily, Gwen, Lucy, Julia, Ana, Houston, Benji, & Owen

Katniss, Ana
 The Skeleton brothers, Porter & Boone

Matt had all the kids line up youngest to oldest for their turn. Heath was so excited!

Morgan was the cutest holder of the rope I've seen.

Morgan the bumble bee.
Isla the cutie pie
Houston the dragon

Memphis the army guy
Owen the dragon
Heath the knight

Bertie the robot (which by the way was all her own creation)
Wyatt the dragon   (I love Maren's face!)

Hank as Ironman   (who insisted on wearing a blindfold. He knows how things are really supposed to go) 
Julia the ballerina

Maren the Tiger

Lily the princess

Porter the skeleton

Renata as Vanellope (from wreck it Ralph I believe)

Gwenny the (I can't remember.... Rebecca?)

Ana as Katniss

Benji as the Grimm Reaper

 Remember how Matt wanted a lot of layers on the pinata, well we did 10, and apparently that makes for a super strong pinata.  All the kiddo's had 2 turns of 3 hits each. After little progress being made, the Uncles had their turn.



No luck for Sammy.
 Luke came close.
Then Jimmy finished the job.


I love how the little ones, like Houston, got one piece of candy and left to have it opened for them.  One track mind.

The kids gathered up all the candy into a bowl and took it inside the house to eat around Grandma's table.  They were all so good at sharing.  I saw several cousins picking through looking for something particular for another, and sharing what was in their pile with someone that wanted that candy.  What a bunch of good kids. (or was it just that there was candy involved?)

We had so much fun with everyone, it was especially fun to spend some time with Tahnee Jimmy and Morgan! Hopefully it will happen again soon!

1 comment: