Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Couple Little Runts

The Missionaries live in the apartment complex next to ours.  So, almost every day they walk by our living room window around 10am.  Heath has a little internal clock and usually is waiting by the window to wave at them and give them a big smile as they go by.  He'll then come running to find me and say, "Mom, I said Hi to the Missionaries!" The other day he said, "Mom, I saw the missionaries. They're going to find some special good Mommies to marry."   I guess he thought missionaries spend their 2 years looking for a wife? HA! So we had a little talk about what people really do when they serve a mission.   He thought it was just part of the natural progression of life.  According to him you are a Missionary, then a Daddy, then a Grandpa.
 The other day I walked in on the boys, in the living room.  Houston was laying on the floor crying and Heath was just standing there whacking him over the head with a pillow repeatedly.  I said something like, "Heath, Stop That! Don't hurt Houston!"   He replied, "It's ok Mom.  Jesus takes away our naughty things."   We had a good little lesson on the atonement and repentance for Family Home Evening the next night. 
Its amazing to me to see the faith and trust he had in what he had learned. Even though he didn't quite understand it all, he knew that Jesus could take away his "naughty things"

Luke 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

 A couple days after Houston's birthday he bit his binkie through. The first few nights were a bit rough, but when he would start to fuss for it, it'd say, "What happened to your binkie?" "Broken  : (  Huten, bit it."  Then he'd be ok with things.  

Since then he has been talking up a storm.  He talks all day every day.  We don't always understand everything he's saying, but he's saying 4-6 word sentences regularly that we can understand.  It's so super cute!  

Heath loves spinach soup.  According to him it makes him have strong muscles just like Popeye.  He now tells us, "Daddy is stronger than Mommy, and I'm stronger than Daddy."  It does taste pretty good regardless...  After dinner Heath said, "That was a really good, yummy treat Mommy."  I'm glad he considers his dinner as a treat!  : )
Houston has also started singing a lot.   Almost every night since I can remember, he's asked for me to sing  "The Temple Song" at bedtime.    The other day as I was singing, Houston started singing right along with me.  He knew both verses pretty well through.   It was so surprising to me, and pretty stinkin adorable!  What a sweet little guy. : )  He has since sung it all by himself to us.   So cute!     We'll have to catch it on video soon.
 Houston has been playing Daddy a lot lately. He has a baby doll that he carts around during the day and wraps in blankets.  Every now and then he'll put it on his bed and cover it (all of it, poor suffocating baby) with a blanket.  Then He'll come out and put his finger to his face and tell Heath and Me, "twiet! ssshhhh... baby sleep, baby sleep."   If we get too loud while his baby's sleeping he'll remind us to be quiet again.   He also does it with his horses and other animals at times.
 Our boys LOVE soup.  Soup and Bread.  Which is a great thing because we eat it several times a week.  The other day I had the loaf of bread sitting on the table and we'd been cutting of pieces as we ate them.  Heath asked for more water so I got up to refill. When I turned back around Houston had climbed onto the table, grabbed the loaf, ripped out the center, ate it, and had his face in the hole snarfing down more bread.  What a little piggie! He'd already had 2 Houston sized bowls of soup. 


I decided to make myself a super awesome body pregnancy pillow this go around.  I've always wished I had one, so this time I made it happen. I used one of those old over-sized carnival styrofoam stuffed toys for the stuffing. It went really well, most of the mess stayed in the kitchen and was easily managed, up until the very end when I dropped the not quite sealed yet pillow while walking to the sewing machine that I had set up in the living room.   oops.  Well it sure turned into fun for an hour or so for two little boys and cleaned up easy enough with the vacuum. 


 It's pretty much amazing!  I haven't decided yet who likes it the most.  Me or Matt.  He always swipes it for naps.
 The other day Heath was jumping from the window ledge in the living room to the floor.  I told him it probably wasn't a good idea.  He said, "but Mom, the Lord told me to do it." 

We had a talk about how the Holy Ghost helps us to make good choices.  He doesn't prompt us to do things that could be dangerous or naughty. 




Houston is super awesome and particular about putting things where they go.  Every time we go somewhere, as soon as we get home he takes off his shoes and puts them into his closet.  I don't ever have to say anything.  He also is really good about putting the toys away when it's time to clean up the living room.
  Tonight about 30 minutes after I'd put the boys to bed Houston started banging on the door and crying hysterically.  I opened the door and Houston had found two toy horses and said, "Horsies, in toy closet!"  We went to the toy closet, and he put them away, then was happy to lay down and go to sleep.  Such a particular little boy.  He had been playing with those horses most of the afternoon.  You'd think he'd just take them to bed with him. 

I love this pic Heath took of Houston. (looks like he's punching my bum)

1 comment: