She loves to take care of Lydia.
Sometimes Lydia is ok with it. Sometimes she is not.
" Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful ladies in my life! This picture of Hannah brings me so much joy. She made her hair "pretty" with her applesauce. Oh sweet innocent crazy Hannah, how you make us smile. Thank you Mom for teaching me to smile through the messes and find joy in Motherhood." Mother's Day 2016
Lydia is becoming much more interactive with us. She has been sleeping well and her arm doesn't have to be pinned down anymore. She enjoys stretching it out. :)
Baby toes, baby toes, I love you.
She is such a good baby. She usually eats as soon as she wakes up, then plays for about an hour, then when she gets fussy we give her her binkie and she falls asleep. She is super!
Daddy has been getting really into disc golf. He and Parker go play any spare time they can. The boys love to tag along and be their caddys.
Hannah loves to be a little Mommy.
The boys snitched the ipad and are playing Hideout, the BYU preschool game. They love it.
Lizzy at a fun girls night. I'm sure going to miss this lady!
Lydia loves to purse her lips. It's so cute with her round head.
I was caught taking pictures of him...
On Mother's day I received my Young Womanhood Recognition Award. I had received it as a teenager, but as a Young Woman leader had the opportunity to do the program again. It was a lot of work, but such a help in building my testimony and helping me to stretch and grow. I was able to meet all of my goals and help my Young Women in the process. It truly is an inspired program. All women in and out of the church are invited to do the program which is comparable to an eagle award for a scout. It is totally worth doing. (you can check it out on lds.org if you are interested)
Houston took this picture so it is pretty out of focus, but I love it.
On Mother's day Matt made quite the feast. We had our friends the Pratts and Hoffmans over to enjoy with us.Matt smoked delicious Ribs (following Adams example of giving his wife a rib.) made Corn on the cob, and my favorite, strawberry garden salad. Lizzy brought a potato salad and our meal was complete. We were all SO full!
I also got to talk with my brother Sterling who is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints right now in Idaho. All 7 of us were on the conference call. Sterling is doing great. It was a lot of fun!
As a Mother's Day / Graduation gift Matt also got me a new camera! (a Nikon D7100) I absolutely love it! My old one had quit on me a couple weeks prior so this was such a great gift! He also got me a sweet new lens (18-300mm macro) which I am really excited about. I can shoot almost anything now with the 2 lenses that I have. (my other is a fixed 50mm 1.8/f)
The next day I played around with it while the kiddos did their thing.
It's hard to get ready to move with a little 2 year old girl who loves to unpack any unattended box.
Matt received a very exciting piece of mail. This is his contract offered by Mercy Hospital to be their Optometrist at a new clinic they are opening. The terms were great and it's in a location we'd hoped to be in. He signed, and we're moving in a couple weeks!
I love those rolls and dimples on her hands.
These were the last pictures I took with my old Nikon D70 before it died on me. I took the kids to the temple since Matt and I go all the time, and they haven't been in a couple years. When we move the chances of them coming are a lot slimmer. I wanted them to see the grounds and feel the peace there.
Houston
They really wanted to go inside so I told them if they were very reverent we could walk into the front foyer. I was amazed with how well they did. Even Hannah was quiet and gentle inside. There was a painting on the wall of Christ teaching in the temple as a boy. We quietly talked about that and had a good experience. I hope that they all will keep their desire to go to the House of the Lord throughout their lives and visit the temple frequently.
Trying to get a picture of the 4 of them was like trying to pour water out of a boat with a hole. As soon as I got them sitting and stood back far enough to snap it, someone was up. It was pretty cute though.
This last one is my favorite.
Heath wanted special pictures with Lydia since they were matching. Pretty cute!
Hannah found the boys clothes.
Easter egg hunting on Easter Sunday.
Greedy little girl.
Notice that Hannah got all of the Pink ones.
Enjoying out bike trail for the last few times. Matt Houston Heath
Lydia 4 weeks old.
Enjoying new baby snuggles.
She is such a Daddy's girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment