Saturday, May 10, 2014

One Month Hannah


 We celebrated Daddy's 30th Birthday. He requested cherry berries in a cloud for hid cake and mmm.... was it delicious. His Mom had made it when Matt was a kid a few times...I've herd a lot about this dish, but man it was way better than I could have ever imagined. SO Good!



Happy Birthday Daddy! We sure love you!

 We held Hannah's baby shower a couple weeks after she was born since she came the day of her original shower date.  It was complete with a tornado warning and games in the basement, but it was so sweet and fun to spend some time with our wonderful Friends here! Melissa got Hannah a princess towel and the boys love it! They fight over who gets to pretend they are the princess for the day.
 One of Houston's new favorite things to do is to pretend he is in "Jailed" He's been getting pretty creative with it.


 At one Month Hannah was 10# 8oz.  She is a super easy going baby that still sleeps most of the day.  We hardly ever see her little eyes open. She will eat, be awake for a bit, then fuss to be swaddled. I'll wrap her up and lay her down and she falls right to sleep on her own. I've had her bassinet in the livingroom / kitchen since she came home. She is a super sleeper amongst all the noise.  She has been the BEST baby!    She has been smiling at us and it it SO cute!


 Houston just loves Hannah!
 He is always close by.  He calls her "My Hannah Jane."   Quite often after I've moved her to her bassinet Houston will come running to me saying, "Where is my Hannah Jane? Where did she go?"
Very protective little man.





 Hannah LOVES baths.  It's always the time she is the most alert and content. 
We have noticed on the days that she takes a bath, she sleeps through the night.  She has been going to sleep about 10, getting up at 3 or 4ish to eat, then sleep till about 6 eat, and sleep till 10.  On the days she has a bath she will go from 10pm to 6am. I think she may be getting a bath each day till she gets used to that schedule.  : )   
 I love how easily she goes to sleep!
 "Daddy, look at my beard!"









I love listening to Heath talk to Hannah.  He talks to her just like she is an adult, asking her questions, telling her about what he is doing, reading her stories, just like she totally knows what he is talking about.


 The knights love to pretend they are saving our new little princess. 



2 comments:

  1. hmmm, you might have to worry about Houston wanting to be in jail all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew used to beg us to tie him up so he could try to escape like Houdini. There used to be pictures of him tied up with jump ropes and grinning like he'd won the lottery.

    ReplyDelete