Sunday, April 7, 2013

Purina Farm



 Our ward had a playgroup at Purina Farm so we finally made it there.  It was freezing cold (when we were leaving it started to snow) but we bundled up well and stayed warm.  It was so much fun for the boys. They have so many animals you can get up close with, even milk a cow you can milk (which Heath wouldn't do... the cow was on a platform that made it about 6-7ft tall, so I don't really blame him)

 Houston could have stood and watched that horse all day. He kept saying Hooorssse over and over again.  

They put on a show with some of their dogs where they do all kinds of tricks.  I don't have any pictures of that part, but you'll just have to take my word for it... it was pretty amazing.  The boys just LOVED it! I'm sure we'll be visiting again when the weather's warmer to see it again.









Heath really liked this big bunny. He followed it back and forth for about15 minutes trying to get it to eat straw.


 This may have been Houston's favorite part.  He didn't want to leave that big wheel.






















In the spring they have a baby petting area.  Little ladies sit outside the animals pins holding one of them you can pet.  They were so cute.  The boys loved that part too!


 As we were leaving Heath spotted this guy. We haven't really talked at all about the Easter Bunny, and he hasn't really had experience with sitting on characters laps but when he saw the bunny he said, "Mom I want to go sit on him!" We waited in line for a minute then Heath jumped right up there.  Houston was screaming in fear so I stepped back with him.  The bunny asked Heath a few questions that Heath answered and then Heath just sat there... and sat there.... rubbing the bunny's hands with his... and sat there.  After a while the bunny asked if he was finished, Heath shook his head no.  Then I made him get off.  (i know what a mean mom, but it was getting slightly awkward) On our way home Heath kept telling me how nice that bunny was.
 You try to take a cute Easter picture of your kids....

















I guess they still are REALLY cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment