A funny story he'll probably not enjoy when he's older: We went over to a friend's house for Easter dinner. Heath needed to go to the bathroom so I helped him in. Lately he wants me to let him in, then shut the door while he does his business, (who blames him?) then calls for me to come in when he's finished. After a minute he yelled, "Mom what's this?" I opened the door and he was sitting on the toilet with one of these on his head:
"Is this a hat Mommy?" I couldn't help but laugh. He just looked so funny there with a cute, innocent, quizzical look on his face wanting to know if that was indeed a hat. He started to laugh too, while I explained that it was a seat for the toilet for little kids. He said, "oh, yeah, Ellie's really little, she needs little seats." When I told Matt about it later I was in tears laughing so hard I could hardly get the story out. It's really not that funny, but that picture of him sitting there with that look on his face is something I hope I never forget.
Heath has started referring to Matt as "Sucker Pop's." We're not really sure where this came from but it makes us both chuckle a bit on the inside every time he uses it.
"Heath come here."
"OK Sucker Pops!"
"Heath I love you"
"I love you too Sucker Pops!"
"Heath lay down"
"OK Sucker Pops!"
Matt has started replying with:
"I'm not a Sucker Pops!"
To which Heath just melts into laughter at his own silliness.
Sorry, more potty talk, but hey, I probably won't remember this in a month if I don't write it down and to us it's pretty funny.
Heath has started classifying his stools.
When he's finished he'll say,
"Thats a baby poo....
that's a Houston poo.... that's a Heaffers poo.... that's a Mommy poo...
That's a Daddy poo... or
THAT's a PAPA POO!"
The look on his face when he says it's a Papa poo always makes us laugh.
So Houston's pediatrician called and said that he was looking at the blood work they'd done on him a week or so ago and his IgA levels were really low. Normal range for that test run about 24-137 in kids his age and Houston's was 4. He asked if we'd be willing to get another draw done so they could test a few specific things associated with IgA and see if it had improved from the week prior since Houston had been sick at the time of the draw and that can affect your antibody levels. So we did another test and it was a still pretty low at a 7. They don't think it's something too serious, but want to check it again in about 6 months to see if it's improving. The fact that he's had trouble breathing could be linked to it, so we'll see what we find out.
In the mean time Houston sure was cute kissing his arm every now and then.
Houston has started talking quite a bit in the last week. He sure was a later talker than Heath, but seems to have waited till he was better at it to start. He frequently puts words together and can repeat just about anything.
"oosh (shoes) on please" "Dink of milk?" "go ouside?"
My personal favorite is, "I love woo!" He points to his eyes then points so enthusiastically at you when he says it. Melts your heart. Matt taught him that one.
I think Houston says Heath's name better than Heath does. Heath says it, "Heaf" Houston can pronounce the th so it sounds just right when he says it.
Houston is really loving airplanes lately. And seeing as how we live close to a major airport right now he has lots of opportunities to find them in the sky. He will usually notice the noise of one passing before I do and finds them in the sky pretty quickly too.
We went to the park with our ward's play group last week and I think Houston discovered something about himself. He climbed up to the top of the super high big kid equipment and was determined to go down the slide. (I was behind him the whole way) He did it then wanted to do it again and again. Heath climbed up there with us on one occasion but was too scared to go down. Houston just wanted to do it again and again, but wouldn't take any help. He was like a wild man going head first on his belly on several occasions. Since that day he is pretty near determined to do EVERYTHING on his own. It is so frustrating sometimes. Heath never really went through a faze like this so I guess Im not quite sure how to handle it. I usually am pretty patient, but there has been a time or two where you just have to put the shoes on the screaming child because they've been trying for 5 minutes and are hysterical because it's not working like they want it to. We'll get the hang of things soon... hopefully.

No comments:
Post a Comment