Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Knights of my Heart

 So maybe I'm not a good Mom and let Heath watch the PG13 movie "A Knights Tale" once or twice or a few times..... but hey, He loved horses, and this was such a cool horse movie.  We edited out a few choice parts, and the Kid loved it.  Ever since then He & Houston want to play knights/jousting all day ever  day. They are pretty much obsessed.    Here Heath's setting up a jousting course for his little guys & horses with his Lincoln Logs.
 I found these self portraits of Heath on our camera. He's so stinkin cute.  I think Houston must have taken this bottom picture, pretty good shooting.  (Apparently I leave our camera within reach too often)
I get multiple requests daily from Heath, "Mom rock us, sing the we will rock you song!"
 Heath loves to fall dramatically then wait for Houston to come give him a kiss.

 Houston the victor.
 Houston's lance & cowboy boots. (apparently knights wear helmets shields and cowboy boots according to Heath)

 Sometimes his knights even ride their toy cows & goats. 
 The sound effects are great!






Sometimes the little knights get a little too physical with each other and the lances have to leave for a while. Every time I think I have all the possible "lances" hidden, they find new ones.   Do you recognize this familiar baby toy part?


 Houston & Heath are both professional rocking horse riders.  They can sure make that thing GO!

























This picture makes me smile every time I see it:


 My sweet little knight.
 While all these things are fun, the best horse in the house is always Daddy!






2 comments:

  1. There gran'ma was a master horse rider when she was little. She had the biggest red horse and she would ride it for hours. I'm not sure if I have a photo of it but I do have a very definite memory of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia misses playing horses with Heath

    ReplyDelete