Thursday, March 20, 2014

A week of Fun


 This little girl is a week old.
Our first week was wonderful, because of this wonderful lady! My Mom had spring break the week after Hannah was born so she spent most of it with us.  It would have been so much harder without her, and with Matt at school every day. We were so blessed.
During the night my mom slept in the living room on Heath's bed.  She kept Hannah out there with her and would bring her in every 3-4 hours so I could feed her. She's so wonderful. The last night she was there Hannah got up every 4 hours and went right back to sleep afterwords.  She's done that every night since.  It's been amazing!  Mom trained her well  : )
 Poor Houston started running a fever the day before I came home from the hospital.  Matt skipped class Monday morning to take him to the Dr to be checked out before Hannah & I came home.  Turned out it was just an ear infection so that was good.  He also had a bad cough and was pretty cranky and tired for a few days.
 Heath started coughing and running a fever a couple days later.  He was able to play with Hannah for a couple days before that happened.  They both love to tickle her toes and play this little piggy.
 So as Houston started getting better, Heath came down with it.  Then when Heath started to feel better, I started running a fever.  This little cold has been fun.   : (
 We just LOVE this little girl!

Monday we had a nurse come visit us for Hannah's one week check up. I'd never had an in home 1 week visit before, it was marvelous! Something to add to the pro's list of St Louis.  Hannah is 7lbs 9oz.  They like babies to be back at birth weight at 2 weeks, so she is doing great.  She has been a really good little nurser.  She's been keeping right up with production.  She still sleeps most of the day and when she isn't she is usually happy to sit in her little bouncer chair and watch her loud crazy brothers play.    I've been having her nap in the living room/kitchen with us during the day and she has adjusted to a noisy home wonderfully.  She absolutely hates to have her diaper changed and screams every time but other than that she is super sweet.
 Houston always refers to her as "My Hannah"




 Hannah has some healthy bowels. She goes through about 10-12 diapers a day.  The boys absolutely love it when she poos, it's usually nice and loud.  Houston loves to yell, "My Hannah does a poo!"  and run to get me a diaper.

 The boys also love to give her high fives when they do something cool. They come running up saying, "High five Hannah!"


 Houston can be found sitting next to her bassinet looking in at her several times a day.  (I think he's a little bit smitten by this sweet little girl) When I ask him what he's doing he'll say, "I'm just watchin' my Hannah."

Soon we will all be healthy again and we can snuggle a bit more with this sweet girl.  Right now Daddy's getting to do a lot of that.

2 comments:

  1. She is adorable Cegan! Congrats to you and your family!! And get feeling better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a beautiful little girl. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete