We're all getting super excited for this little girl to make her arrival. This picture was at 36.5 weeks. I'm now at 38 weeks. (2 weeks to go!) This pregnancy has been completely opposite from the boys'. At this point with the boys I was pretty miserable and felt like a whale. With her, I still feel pretty good and sleep marvelously. I have been measuring right on, whereas with the boys I was usually measuring about 2 weeks ahead. At my last appointment, 37 weeks, they did an ultrasound to check the growth of the baby. They said her head was below average (ab 45th %) but her legs were really long (ab 75th%) they estimated she weighed about 6lbs 14oz at the time of the scan, which puts her right at 50th% for weight. They usually gain about 1/2 a lb per week for the last month, so we're thinking she may not be a 9 pounder like her brothers were. I also hadn't progressed at all with the boys until I was in the hospital on pitocin. At 37 weeks I was at a 3, and 60% effaced. Dr said she's in launching position and there is a good chance she may not wait for her due date. (don't they say that to everyone though to get their hopes up.... we shall see.) Hopefully nothing happens this weekend with all the ice and snow we're supposed to be getting.
The boys went with me to check out the hospital where we will be delivering. Houston loved looking at all the "tiny babies" through the window to the nursery. We stood there for like 5 minutes while he told me about all the different tiny babies. It was pretty cute. I hope he's just as excited about a new baby a couple weeks after she comes home. Heath counted how many babies were asleep and how many were awake, told me the report, then was ready to move on. One of the delivery nurses gave each of the boys a newborn hat so they could practice being big brothers. They liked the idea of being trex dinosaurs a little bit better. (I was pretty surprised that they could fit those onto their heads) We still don't really have any names nailed down. I think we're some of the worst at naming children. Neither of us want to make the decision. Anyways, any suggestions would be appreciated. : )
.jpg)
.jpg)
No suggestions here... Trey was 3 days old when we finally named him:) We are pretty bad at it too!
ReplyDeleteA few names to think about.... :)
ReplyDeleteHarper, Harriet, Heloise, Henriette, Henrietta, Hilary, Holland, Hadlee, Hadley
Don't know if you like any of those, but they're Hs. Haha!
Katie was a month old when we finally settled on her name. I wasn't sure what it was going to be until Darrell gave her, her name and blessing in church.
ReplyDeleteSophia :)
ReplyDelete