Thursday, December 12, 2013

I belong in a zoo, with Buffalo poo.

 We had a couple days that were in the 60's.  The next several weeks were forecast to be in the 20's so the boys and I decided to take advantage while we could and went to the zoo.   We timed it perfect this trip.  The children's zoo is free if you make it in from 9-10, and the carousel from 10-11, then they feed the seals at 11:15.  I need to remember this for future trips.     The children's zoo was super cool.  They had a lot of hands on activities and animals. 

 I'd like to make one of these super cool rocking fish someday.

 The children's zoo also has an awesome playground.  The boys loved the jungle gym.  My favorite part is the slide that goes right next to the sea otter exhibit, the sea otters have a slide next to the kids so they can all slide together.





 Heath was the navigator for the day.  He took his job very seriously and did a pretty good job reading the map.




 The boys thought it was so hilarious that this goat was "booby trapped" in the fence.  I'm pretty sure they laughed for about 3 minutes strait.
 Heath asked for a zebra, and Houston asked to ride a tiger. We lucked out and found some right next to each other.

 It took the boys a while to realize what was going on at this exhibit in the reptile house. 

Heath was asking who fed him dinner, and if he missed his family...  he eventually figured it out.
 Heath's telling the zookeeper, "Crocodiles eat meat.  They have meat eaters teeth." 
 Houston LOVES the monkey house.  He never wants to leave it when its time.  I usually want to go through quickly, it smells quite a bit like people poo in there....


Houston was out about 30 seconds after I buckled him into his chair.  Poor tired little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment