Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Snow Days!

 "Look Mom, I have no legs!"

Houston took the cover off the air vent in the living room and stuck his feet in because they were cold.  (he promised to never do it again.... we'll see.) 


This spiderman costume has become Houston's staple outfit. He wore it for like a week strait. I finally took it away and we washed it. It was torture for a poor boy.    (take note of how many day's you see him wearing it in these pictures...)   

 This girl LOVES the bathtub.


 Hannah's birthday was coming up and I wanted to make her a baby doll.  I found some super cute stocking dolls with a good tutorial and went to work.  Well, it turned out looking a lot more like a troll than a baby, so it is now our creepy troll doll that gets thrown around.  The boys had a blast playing with my old stockings while I worked on it though, so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

(Houston)
 They totally made these faces on their own.  They told each other they looked like girls, then started making kissy faces.


(Heath)
 Houston
 Houston

Heath


 Hannah so loves babies! She rocks them, pats their backs, and she carts them around everywhere.  She loves to bring us blankets or shirts of any kind of fabric she can find to wrap her baby up in it as a blanket.  It's SO cute.
 Hannah you're booby trapped!

Heath has been begging Matt to teach him how to make a booby trap. 
 The 1st of March we had a big snow.  We got about 6inches. We only had Sacrament meeting at church which started an hour later than normal, and I didn't have any meetings that morning, so we had a nice slow quiet morning.  Sacrament meeting was a fast and testimony meeting.  It was a wonderful meeting where many testified of Jesus Christ and his power to cleanse us and enable us in our trials. I was so glad they hadn't canceled church because of the snow.  It was a powerful meeting and I am so glad we were there. 

 Since we had extra time we took a few pictures of the kids all spiffied up. Heath saw his suit coat in his closet and wanted to wear it with a bow tie, naturally Houston wanted to as well.  They're pretty cute in my opinion.





 The next day we went over to our friend Levi's house and did us some sledding.  The boys had SO Much fun!

Hannah loved exploring in this new white cold fluffy stuff.

It really was a perfect day for sledding. It was warm enough that all the snow on concrete had melted away, but in the grass there was still plenty of snow to sled in.











 Even Hannah go in on the sledding action.  She went down the hill a few times with me and loved it.  Their hill was perfect for little guys.

 The boys rediscovered these glasses, and have been wearing them a LOT. They make me laugh so hard. Grandma had sent them Valentines day cards and they "wrote talks" in them.  Then they were taking turns giving their talks, (which were really silly) the speaker had to be the one wearing the silly glasses. 

 This month in preschool we did the letter H.  Heath LOVED our activity about Hot and cold.  We put this bottle with a balloon in a bowl of cold snow water, and it shrank down. Then into a bowl of hot water and it expanded.  Even after all the girls left, he just wanted to do it over and over again.

 A few days later the boys wanted to play in the snow again, but it had turned cold again, and I didn't want to take Hannah out (and sit out there myself) so we brought some snow inside to us.

Hannah loved eating it.

Wednesday afternoon Hannah was carrying around our kitchen hand towel. She stepped on it and fell flat on her forehead.  It was a hard smack. It was nap time so once she was soothed I laid her down for her nap.  When she woke up at about 4:25 she had blood coming from her ear. I called our pediatrician (who's office closed at 4:30) and they said to take her to urgent care immediately.  I took her in and they couldn't see any bleeding problems as far as her brain goes, but she did have two super bad ear infections. They put her on Amoxicillin. The next morning she woke up with a horrible itchy rash all over her body.  So I took her in to our doctor and he switched her to Cefdinir. Houston had a reaction to Amoxicillin at this age too.  I don't quite understand why, since they had both had it before and were fine, but hopefully this will clear up her ear infections.  Poor baby's ears must have been in such pain, but we had no idea. She was just her normal happy self. I wish there was a better way to know when they have an ear infection.


No comments:

Post a Comment